Thursday 29 October 2009

::::new::: winter blue clutches



A little while ago, I bought some lovely fabrics from Liberty. I selected a few in blue tones, as it is so wintery chic. These two clutches are made of a cotton lawn called "detritus" and is designed by Anj Smith. The fabric is part of the Liberty art collection, a selection of fabrics designed by artists.

I chose this Anj Smith design, as I really liked the intricate detailing, its pencil drawn style and the stag's heads! Smith's paintings often incorporate references to the realms of fashion, nature and popular culture. It seems that the design she created for Liberty was inspired by the memory of her mothers’ kitchen curtains...




Sadly, the weather was a bit too cloudy when I photographed the clutches, so the pictures are not perfect and I will have to redo them at the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment