Monday 15 November 2010

Something cheerful to cheer me up...

Rejoice a little
... Walter Erhard's delightful Christmas cards printed by Vigo.

Sunday was not such a good day for me, as one of my patent clutches was stolen at Sunday Upmarket, and to top it all, my takings were not great and I'm behind with my custom orders...

But enough and time to rejoice! I had promised myself that I would make my own Christmas cards this year... until I stumbled on Erhard's witty cards. Theses were all designed from the late 1950s through to the end of the 1960s, and I just love the flat colours, the humour, the delicate drawings... I spent a few nights online searching for the books he illustrated, with little luck as most could not be shipped to England. Only The Animals' Christmas was available in the UK but the warehouse people could not find it...

It seems that Erhard worked as a textile designer. I am trying to find out more as I would love to see more of his work!

No comments:

Post a Comment