Tuesday 16 June 2009

Folk-inspired birds

I am really into folk art at the moment! The bright colours, the simplicity of the patterns, the craftmanship, the connection with nature and a more simple way of living...

This amazing vintage wallpaper from ebay ticks all the boxes for me!



The dove is one of image I always return to, as leather appliques on zip pouches and clutch bags for instance. As well as a great symbol of peace, the doves remind me of early Warhol drawings. Two fluttering doves designed by Lalique decorate the bottle top of L’Air du Temps, the Nina Ricci perfume that my mother used to wear. So here again, I cannot keep away from them! To continue on a folk theme, I made these lavender birdies. Not only they will add to touch of colour to any closet, they are also smell great and a moth repellent. Available on etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment